The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Netscape Forum Poll: Do you drink wine for your health?

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:44 pm

Louisville, KY

by Robin Garr » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:46 pm

As noted in the popular "French Paradox" hypothesis, there's abundant evidence that people who enjoy wine in moderation enjoy greater health and longevity than either heavy drinkers or teetotalers. In this week's Netscape WineLovers Community poll, we're hoping to get a sense of how much of a factor wine's health benefits are in the average wine enthusiast's decision to enjoy the beverage. Please take a moment to click to the online poll and tell us where you stand:

no avatar
User

Ian Sutton

Rank

Spanna in the works

Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:10 pm

Norwich, UK

Re: Netscape Forum Poll: Do you drink wine for your health?

by Ian Sutton » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:25 am

Nope, 100% because I enjoy it. There's so many claims and counter claims about health & wine, that I switched off a while ago.
no avatar
User

Paul B.

Rank

Hybrid Guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:38 pm

Ontario, Canada

by Paul B. » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:46 am

Broadly speaking, yes. I switched to wine and beer about 9 years ago as healthy alternatives to pop (and oh, how much more cultured and interesting!). That said, green tea is my favourite drink when I can't have wine or beer for whatever reason.
http://hybridwines.blogspot.ca
no avatar
User

David Sharp

Rank

Just got here

Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:43 pm

Sonoma Wine Country

by David Sharp » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:51 pm

For my health....right....that's it....at least that's what I tell my wife and my doctor (wink-wink) :wink:

I'm actually on a limited alcohol consumption diet due to health reasons so I keep trying to use the results of studies that promote wine consumption to get my wife and doctor to ease up on my limits.
David in Sonoma Wine Country
no avatar
User

Covert

Rank

NOT David Caruso

Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:17 pm

Albany, New York

by Covert » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:34 pm

Will do, but I'll add that I realize a number of regulars on this forum claim to enjoy a couple of glasses of wine with dinner and no more. I don’t personally know any wine connoisseur who drinks a couple of glasses and then quits. But if the average bloke drinks three glasses he is starting to hurt himself. I like six at a sitting, at least; so I guess I’m not drinking for my health. Plus I like good wine and I’m not one of the several folks on this forum who think a fine bottle of wine after opening it is better on the second night, and better yet on the third, etc. Of course if you are drinking with a group it is not an issue.

Covert