Netscape Forum Poll: Do you drink wine for your health?

The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Moderators: Jenise, David M. Bueker, Robin Garr

Postby Robin Garr » Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:46 pm

As noted in the popular "French Paradox" hypothesis, there's abundant evidence that people who enjoy wine in moderation enjoy greater health and longevity than either heavy drinkers or teetotalers. In this week's Netscape WineLovers Community poll, we're hoping to get a sense of how much of a factor wine's health benefits are in the average wine enthusiast's decision to enjoy the beverage. Please take a moment to click to the online poll and tell us where you stand:

Robin Garr
Forum Janitor

Re: Netscape Forum Poll: Do you drink wine for your health?

Postby Ian Sutton » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:25 pm

Nope, 100% because I enjoy it. There's so many claims and counter claims about health & wine, that I switched off a while ago.
Ian Sutton
Spanna in the works

Postby Paul B. » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:46 pm

Broadly speaking, yes. I switched to wine and beer about 9 years ago as healthy alternatives to pop (and oh, how much more cultured and interesting!). That said, green tea is my favourite drink when I can't have wine or beer for whatever reason.
Hybrid Wines Online:
http://hybridwines.blogspot.ca
Paul B.
Hybrid Guru

Postby David Sharp » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:51 pm

For my health....right....that's it....at least that's what I tell my wife and my doctor (wink-wink) :wink:

I'm actually on a limited alcohol consumption diet due to health reasons so I keep trying to use the results of studies that promote wine consumption to get my wife and doctor to ease up on my limits.
David in Sonoma Wine Country
David Sharp
Just got here

Postby Covert » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:34 pm

Will do, but I'll add that I realize a number of regulars on this forum claim to enjoy a couple of glasses of wine with dinner and no more. I don’t personally know any wine connoisseur who drinks a couple of glasses and then quits. But if the average bloke drinks three glasses he is starting to hurt himself. I like six at a sitting, at least; so I guess I’m not drinking for my health. Plus I like good wine and I’m not one of the several folks on this forum who think a fine bottle of wine after opening it is better on the second night, and better yet on the third, etc. Of course if you are drinking with a group it is not an issue.

Covert
Covert
NOT David Caruso

Return to The Wine Forum