The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Open Mike: Bandol Rose

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Bob Ross

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:39 pm

Franklin Lakes, NJ

Re: Open Mike: Bandol Rose

by Bob Ross » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:56 pm

Walt, I've been able to find only two sources of supply in New York and in New Jersey, Soho and Tribeca. Both offer the 2004 and the 2005 versions at $29.00 and $33.00 or thereabouts.

I see Wine Exchange has the 2005 for $23.00. I'm sorta surprised it's so elusive in this area. There are over 20 entries on Wine Searcher Pro in California, and then one or two retailers in a few other states.

I'll keep looking. Regards, Bob
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

05 La Bastide Blanche Rose

by Jenise » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:17 pm

I love the color of this one: lighter than average though not entirely pale, with a lovely copper hue. Better nose than palate, with red rose petals and cranberry on the entry and a bit of herb butter on the finish with really nothing at all in the center. Bob said it's "pleasant, but watery." I, on the other hand, think the nose is telling me it's just tight and not ready to drink. Reading the comments about holding the Tempiers 3-4 years (a reccomendation that's new to me) I'm wondering if that isn't what this wine needs, too.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

Re: 05 La Bastide Blanche Rose

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:18 pm

I would have enjoyed one of the Roses but had other work committments. This Open Mike is a good idea there Jenise.... eh. In fact, there is a pink tasting at DeVines this wednesday so I will post some notes.
no avatar
User

Bob Ross

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:39 pm

Franklin Lakes, NJ

Re: Open Mike: Bandol Rose

by Bob Ross » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:48 pm

Robin, Walt, here's the New Jersey story -- basically three shops carry the Tempier in New Jersey -- Gary is near enough for me to try a bottle.

I received this email a few minutes ago:

If you are in Northern New Jersey, you will be able to find the wine at any of Gary's stores. If you are in Southern New Jersey, you will be able to find the wine at the Corkscrew in Princeton or Wegman's.

However, please be advised that because of shipping delays, the wine will not be available in these stores until late next week.

Please, do not hesitate to let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Valerie Antoine-Jose
Brand Administrator
Winebow Inc.
Cell: 516/672-5175

I'll have to stop buy and see how extensive a line Gary's handles.

Regards, Bob
Previous