The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Hey, I'm a Wine Guru!

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

James Roscoe

Rank

Chat Prince

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:43 pm

D.C. Metro Area - Maryland

Hey, I'm a Wine Guru!

by James Roscoe » Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:56 pm

Wow who would have thought I could gab enough for 500 posts? Maybe I need to give up as there is no higher honer. Do I get a secret decoder ring or anything like that? Do I get the keys to the WLDG vault?

I would like to thank Bob Ross, the only TRUE Wine Guru. I would also like to thank all the "little people." You know who you are. Without your posts I wouldn't be the guru I am today! Finally I would like to thank Robin for the case of '82 LaFitte he promised to send the second person who reached Wine Guru stutus. (Of course I failed to read the fine print and will be receiving a coupon for a dollar off my next purchase of MD 20/20.)

Good luck to the next Wine Guru. You will never know how much this will change your life forever!
no avatar
User

wrcstl

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:20 pm

St. Louis

Re: Hey, I'm a Wine Guru!

by wrcstl » Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:04 pm

That is wonderful. I am happy for you as I struggle as an Uber Geek and don't even know what one is.
The Little People
no avatar
User

James Roscoe

Rank

Chat Prince

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:43 pm

D.C. Metro Area - Maryland

by James Roscoe » Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:05 pm

I am happy to help you in your goal of gurudom, whatever that is.
Regards and good drinking!
no avatar
User

CraigW

Rank

Wine geek

Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:38 pm

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

by CraigW » Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:08 pm

Aha!

Robin pulled the wool over your eyes... Robin, you devil.

Yes, apparently your case of 1982 Chat Au LaFitte will be dispatched to you this week.

More about this prize, Johnny?

"Well, selling for around $6 per litre, this sublime Montana-based wine has a picture of a black cat with a prarie dog in its mouth on the label and the winery's owner has faced some legal issues in recent years on various charges of copyright infringement and trademark violations because its name closely resembles that of famed and esteemed Pauillac Chateau Lafite. Due to all the headlines, this wine has become the cheapest "cult" wine in America!"

James, do enjoy.

:lol:
no avatar
User

Saina

Rank

Musaroholic

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:07 pm

Helsinki, Finland

by Saina » Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:34 pm

Lafite? I think Robin's been reading Tim Mackintosh-Smith's The Hall of a Thousand Columns. There is this scene: "One evening Jay took me to the Dubai branch of Ikea, where she wanted to buy a wine rack. ('But you don't drink.' 'It's to keep shoes in, not bottles.' 'Then you'll have to label it "Château La Feet".')" So maybe you'll be sent a shoe rack. :) Congrats.
I don't drink wine because of religious reasons ... only for other reasons.