The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Just flew in from the coast...

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Bruce Hayes

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:20 am

Prescott, Ontario, Canada

Just flew in from the coast...

by Bruce Hayes » Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:33 pm

...and are my arms tired. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

My wife and I have returned to home sweet home after 11 (12 if you count today) incredible days vacation in beautiful Vancouver.

Ate in some incredible restaurants (Raincity Grill, Cin Cin, Joe Fortes's Sequoia Grill, The Salmon House, Le Gavrouche) and sampled a couple of dozen BC wines, some of which were literally life changing experiences.

Thanks to everyone on the board who provided guidance to me on which BC wines to seek out prior to my trip.

Will be writing up my notes over the next few days.

As Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz very perceptively noted: "There's no place like home." Good to be home. Good to be back with the WLDG-ers.

PS: Bob, I did wave to you as we flew over this morning!!
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

Re: Just flew in from the coast...

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:25 am

Welcome home Bruce, we missed your reports!!! Glad to hear you had a great trip and thanks for the wave.
All of us out here are eager to hear what you found in the way of BC wines. Some very good restaurants mentioned there Bruce!!
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: Just flew in from the coast...

by Jenise » Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:39 am

Welcome home. Even though I'm not Canadian, I love that city so much that I feel a Vancouverish sense of price when people praise it. Glad you had such a great time. You mentioned some cool restaurants--and Gavroche is like my home-away-from-home up there. I'll look forward to your reports.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov