The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Lucien Albrecht Cremant Rose

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Dan Young

Rank

Just got here

Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:01 pm

WTN: Lucien Albrecht Cremant Rose

by Dan Young » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:37 pm

Hi,

Not so much a tasting note as an endorsement for this wine, which I enjoyed so much yesterday evening that I bought a case today.

Here's a bottle description: Lucien Albrecht Cremant D'alcase Brut Rose

Size: 750ML |

Made with 100% Pinot noir this sparkler has bright pink colour. Perfumed nose with notes of red fruits. Attractive, round fruit on the palate. Ideal sparkling wine for aperitif or dessert

Actually, I got some strawberry in the nose. The wine had a really pretty color, sort of rare salmon if you ask me. Actually, on a steamy night, we drank this with grilled salmon stteaks, and the match was fine. Great bubbles, not cloying at all, crisp and light.

I enjoy Alsace wines more and more these days (probably because they seem to match with so much of the food I'm eating), and at $12, this wine is a steal. I've also got some of the regular non-rose creamant, which I'll be trying soon. Cheers.
no avatar
User

James Roscoe

Rank

Chat Prince

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:43 pm

D.C. Metro Area - Maryland

Re: WTN: Lucien Albrecht Cremant Rose

by James Roscoe » Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:28 pm

Dan,
Nice price! This is a great sparkler. It's not the real thing, but it's awfully close, and at that price, who's complaining? I see it closer to $14 - $16 0n a normal basis. at $12 I'd buy a case too. It's a no brainer. Your description is dead on. While I'm at it, welcome to the forum.
Cheers!
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:12 pm

James Roscoe wrote:Dan,
Nice price! This is a great sparkler. It's not the real thing, but it's awfully close, and at that price, who's complaining? I see it closer to $14 - $16 0n a normal basis. at $12 I'd buy a case too. It's a no brainer. Your description is dead on. While I'm at it, welcome to the forum.
Cheers!

Ditto! I fingered a bottle yesterday--$20.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:12 pm

Welcome to the forum from me too!! I was gonna taste this wine this evening but on anti biotics so out of luck. Blast!!
no avatar
User

Bill Buitenhuys

Rank

Wine guru

Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:47 pm

Phoenix metro

by Bill Buitenhuys » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:09 pm

Welcome to the board, Dan and thanks for the note. I've had the regular cremant and it is pretty good. I'll have to look for the rose'.
no avatar
User

James Roscoe

Rank

Chat Prince

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:43 pm

D.C. Metro Area - Maryland

by James Roscoe » Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:28 am

Bill Buitenhuys wrote:Welcome to the board, Dan and thanks for the note. I've had the regular cremant and it is pretty good. I'll have to look for the rose'.

Bill,
The regular cremant is also quite good for a couple of bucks less. I prefer a cremant from Burgundy (Louis Bouiloit) as I have easy and inexpensive access to it. If I could get the Albrecht rose for $12 on a regular basis I would be drinking gobs of the stuff. It's that good. Do yourself a favor and get a couple of bottles and serve it up!
Cheers!
James
no avatar
User

Dan Young

Rank

Just got here

Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:01 pm

by Dan Young » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:13 pm

All,

Thanks for the welcomes!! I was here years ago, but its been quite awhile. I up my case today. Chers again.