The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Is this why Paul drinks Muscardine & Scuppernong wines? Must read for men!

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Peter May

Rank

Pinotage Advocate

Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:24 am

Snorbens, England

Is this why Paul drinks Muscardine & Scuppernong wines? Must read for men!

by Peter May » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:28 pm

Muscadine Medicine
by Diane Hartle

This book delves deeply into the benefits and pleasures of muscadine nutrition. It focuses on how the unique phytochemical content of this special American grape can help improve your heart health, lower cancer risk, and let you enjoy a longer life. Did you ever wonder how many chromosomes a grape has, or if grapes can be used to prevent erectile dysfunction?

Muscadine Medicine describes the health benefits of Muscadine and Scuppernong grapes. For the casual reader, it explains the phytochemical content and new scientific evidence about how the phytochemicals help "phyte" heart disease, inflammation, diabetes, aging and cancer. For growers and people who make muscadine specialty products, it describes health benefits of muscadines, scuppernongs, juices, wines, grape seed powders, extracts and more!

http://www.lulu.com/content/115782
no avatar
User

Dave Erickson

Rank

Wine guru

Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:31 pm

Asheville, NC

Re: Is this why Paul drinks Muscardine & Scuppernong wines? Must read for me

by Dave Erickson » Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:59 pm

If you are planning on drinking muscadine and/or scuppernong wine to improve your health, I suggest you start saving for your new liver, because you'll need one well before you realize health benefits from drinking the stuff.

As for other motivations, I myself occasionally take a glass of scuppernong when I want to drink something that reminds me of Grandma Erickson's grape preserves.