The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: 1995 Malescot St. Exupery

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

WTN: 1995 Malescot St. Exupery

by Jenise » Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:39 pm

1995 Malescot St. Exupery
Margaux, Bordeaux

The other night, during a party, me and a couple of my hard-core wine guests snuck off into the cellar and popped a few corks. I didn't take notes, but it's worth filing a progress report on this wine to say that it's drinking spectacularly well right now. The last time I had it, about two years ago, it was a bit of a big bully. It's still earthy and masculine, but it has both calmed down and grown up--lost its primary roughness and become a gentleman. Thanks, Covert--I bought this on your recommendation.
Last edited by Jenise on Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Covert

Rank

NOT David Caruso

Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:17 pm

Albany, New York

Re: WTN: 1995 Malescot St. Exupery

by Covert » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:32 pm

You are very welcome, Jenise. I still have a case left and drink only one a year, hoping that they will continue to age like...er...fine ladies. It tastes like what I could categorize as a classic Bordeaux, something you don't often get for the price of Malescot. I have only one of two bottles I bought of '96 Malescot, unfortunately, so it will be several years before I can make that comparison (...on separate nights, lest I contradict myself, which I am wont to do).

C.