Red C 2006

Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

Red C 2006

Postby Matt Walter » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:27 pm

Has anyone tried this wine yet?

I recall that Daniel was awaiting its arrival in Israel.

Kol Tuv,
Matt
Matt Walter
Ultra geek

Re: Red C 2006

Postby Daniel Rogov » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:52 am

Matt, Hi....

Through the quasi-sneaky ways we critics sometimes have, three bottles of the wine arrived in the last ten days. The first of these was tasted just the other day and my tasting note follows.

Best
Rogov

Covenant, Red C, Napa, 2006: Jeff Morgan continues to offer positive surprises and this edition his Red C is even better than earlier releases. Call this the second wine of Covenant if you will but a wine that stands comfortably on its own and, as a second wine should do, offers an early preview of what is to come in the future. Garnet towards royal purple, medium- to full-bodied, a Cabernet Sauvignon blend showing silky tannins and gentle spicy wood influences. Opens to reveal currants and red and black berries on a background of mocha and an intriguing note of stony minerals that comes in on the long finish. Drinking nicely now but best 2009-2013. Score 90. K (Tasted 14 Sep 2008)
Daniel Rogov
Resident Curmudgeon

Postby Matt Walter » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:09 am

Exciting!

Thanks!

I hope that you have a shabbat shalom filled with good food, good wine, and, most importantly, good friends!

Matt
Matt Walter
Ultra geek

Postby Gary J » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:06 am

Matt Walter wrote:I hope that you have a shabbat shalom filled with good food, good wine, and, most importantly, good friends!

That is actually quite beautiful. But within the 4 virtual walls of this forum I might have said "...good food, good friends and most importantly good wine" :lol:
Wine Tasting Guy
http://winetastingguy.com/
Gary J
Ultra geek

Return to Israeli and Kosher Wine Forum