Wines Enjoyed Last week--(Sept.7-13th,2008)

Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

Wines Enjoyed Last week--(Sept.7-13th,2008)

Postby Michael Greenberg » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:03 pm

1 White--1 Red for me..

The White:

FLAT ROCK CELLARS SERIOUSLY TWISTED 2006,VQA Twenty Mile Bench ,Niagara Peninsula

This is a blend of several white grape varieties--but unlike the original "Twisted" (also sold by Flat Rock) this version barrel ferments ,vinifies and ages the grapes SEPARATELY in French Oak barrels as opposed to a homogenious blend together in stainless steel tanks..The result of this version of the blend is a very aromatic wine with fuller boody and richer texture than the original "Twisted"...The original Twisted was a blend of Chardonnay,Riesling and Gewurztraminer but they call the blend in "Seriously Twisted" a secret ...I think I detect a bit of Viognier and who knows they may had added something else to the original blend and changed proportiona...The wine though is aromatic,nicely balanced in sweet and sour,wet and dry...sort of a fascinating unusual but pleasant taste...It doesn't say "wow" but it is quite enjoyable and very interesting... ($22,.5 cdn at Vintages)

The red:

ROSEMOUNT 'HILL OF GOLD' SHIRAZ (MUDGEE) 2003--this Aussie Shiraz won a Gold Medal at the 2005 International Eastern Wine Competition.....good aromatics..Full body shiraz..tannic and powerful still ...very good fruit intensity of flavours --very heavily spiced --perhaps overdone... not a "wow" --I'd give it an 87-88 score..
Michael Greenberg
Ultra geek

Re: Wines Enjoyed Last week--(Sept.7-13th,2008)

Postby Menach N » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:20 pm

Hi,
on Monday evening i had a Yarden cabernet sauvignon 2004, med to full body nicely done and smooth, smoehow a bit different from the previous vintages, this one could have been easily confused with a californian cab, much more fruit, like red berries,cherries,vanilla,cottoncandy / candy like flavors and oak, still a good wine but....
on Tue evening i had a Ch LeCrock Snt Estephe 2002, this one was a beauty nice full body good backbone and balance all the way to a luvley long finish,even though it had a bit of a mettalic something left on the palate still VERY much enjoyed !
on Wed evening i had a Ch Labegorce Margx 2001, a very nice wine, a lightish med body not complex or deep but still a wonderfull drink specially with food
at the end of each meal had the last glass with my favorite cigars Hoyo De Monterey, Epicure # 2 8)

:mrgreen:

Best regards
Menach
Menach N
Ultra geek

Return to Israeli and Kosher Wine Forum