WTN request - Yarden cabernet 1997

Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

WTN request - Yarden cabernet 1997

Postby Menach N » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:45 pm

Rogov hi
i was thinking maybe opening a Yarden cabernet 1997, i wanted to ask for you TN pls, and a little advice, should i decant this wine or just have the btl open for 1-2 hrs the pour/drink ecc.. ?
if to decant, how long. i know that the wine is at the end of its road i just dont want -hoping :wink: - it wont fall in the middle of the meal
let's put it this way, what do you think would be the best thing to do ?
Please and Thank you
best regards
Menach
Menach N
Ultra geek

Re: WTN request - Yarden cabernet 1997

Postby Daniel Rogov » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:13 pm

Menach, Hi....

Indeed the wine is in a "drink up" mode but if it has been stored well it should drink up quite nicely indeed. Best bet is not to decant but to open the bottle some 30-40 minutes before serving and then to pour directly into the glasses. The wine should easily outlive the meal.

Best
Rogov

Yarden, Cabernet Sauvignon, 1997: This traditional Yarden blend of 94% Cabernet Sauvignon, 5% Merlot and 1% Cabernet Franc is now fully mature but continues to show an overall firm structure and good balance between soft tannins, fruits, wood and acidity. Plenty of Cab-ernet currants along with blackberries and plums on the first attack, those yielding to gentle overlays of spices and Mediterranean herbs. Not for further cellaring. Drink up. Score 89. K
Daniel Rogov
Resident Curmudgeon

Postby Menach N » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:00 pm

Grazie Mille Rogov !!!!

looking fwd for tonight,
Ciao
Menach
Menach N
Ultra geek

Postby Menach N » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:56 pm

Hi,
very exited and opened a Yarden cabernet sauvignon 1997, when opened it had no btl stink and deep aromas of dark fruit and chocolate, the corck was nice and in great condition with no signs of leakage, left the wine open for about an hour, then ... enjoyed a luvly wine !1 med to full body very round and polished, a nice dose of black fruit and currants, especially black berry and on the nice gentle long'ish finish notes of green olive and some minty ecalyptus notes, which made the wine turn out to be DELIZIOSO !! no signs of age until 3 hrs later a bit of the finish. really enjoyed !!

Thank you agin Rogov for the advice it turned out to be a delight, just pittie my guest didnt make, so i had to finish the btl my self :cry: :mrgreen:

be well ciao
Menach
Menach N
Ultra geek

Return to Israeli and Kosher Wine Forum