General Comment to DG

Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

General Comment to DG

Postby Stephen W » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:39 am

Is it possible under topics of the Forum to somehow indicate a country. There are many people posting topics and discussing say French Wines and I dont want to open the icon and waist time when I am looking for topics related to Israel. :D
Stephen W
Wine geek

Re: General Comment to DG

Postby Daniel Rogov » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:45 am

Steve, Hi....

Difficult to do and I'm not sure it isd really necessary. I think a careful look will show that most tasting notes or tasting note requests being posted carry the name of the country or at least a good hint as to the country in their titles. A few recent examples:

WTN request - French K new arrivals
TNR Herzog Special Reserve Zinfandel 2005
de Sacy Kosher Champagne in Israel (K)
Ch. Le Crock TNR
WTN: Four from Cos d'Estournel
Two from Tishbi (K)
Tanya Tasting Notes Please

In each of these cases either the name of the country or the winery itself, most of with which we are familiar is a giveaway to the country of origin of the wines.

Indeed some threads will wander from country to country at times but even a special category would not help that.

Best
Rogov
Daniel Rogov
Resident Curmudgeon

Postby Menachem S » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:42 pm

I have also found, that when I started here, I was focused on Israeli wines, almost exclusively.

Wandering around the forum over the past 24 months has helped me discover some amazing things outside of my "focus are", that I never would have discovered if not wandering in and out of various threads.

Capcanes, selective Kosher Bordeaux releases, etc.

Sometimes ambiguity in title is a good thing, keeps the curious mind learning.

Good Luck!
Menachem S
Wine guru

Postby Yoni M » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:10 pm

Hi Stephen,

I largely agree with Rogov and Menachem, but one of the very nice things about this open-source forum platform (phpBB) is the ability for administrators to install all sorts of "mods." A quick search (Google: phpbb country flags) turned up many results, although the country-flag mods seem to target users who wish to display the flag of their nationality, rather than giving more choices for "Post icons" as I believe is your wish.

Who knows, maybe Robin is open to adding some flags....
Yoni M
Wine geek

Postby Daniel Rogov » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:59 am

Hey guys....... Robin may or may not be open to such an idea but I am opposed to it as an unnecessary and possibly even negative add-on to the existing format.

Thus spake both Zarathustra and Ye Faithful Curmudgeon

Best
Rogov
Daniel Rogov
Resident Curmudgeon

Return to Israeli and Kosher Wine Forum