Domaine Pinnacle Ice Apple Wine

Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

Domaine Pinnacle Ice Apple Wine

Postby Menach N » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:38 pm

Rogov hi
i just recieved an email promoting wines (http://www.kosherwine.com/cgi-bin/produ ... neID=10442) and one of them is this apple sweet aperitivo, not sure if its called "wine" tough, anyway i was wondering if you had tasted it, and can you also tell me more about this "wine" ? can it be some kind of Calvados ??

Please and Thank you !!

Best regards
Menach
Menach N
Ultra geek

Re: Domaine Pinnacle Ice Apple Wine

Postby Daniel Rogov » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:34 pm

Menach, Hi.....

Wines these are not, but made from apples, fruit wines they are. And definitely not to be compared to Calvados because these are made as wines unlike Calvados which is a distilled apple brandy.

At any rate, I first tasted the Pinnacle fruit wines when visiting Vinoble in Jerez de Fronteira several months ago. I was quite favorably impressed. My tasting notes follow.

Best
Rogov

Domaine Pinnacle, Ice Cider, Quebec, 2005: Absolutely delicious, calling to mind ice-cold apple juice with a decided alcoholic kick (12%), a dessert-style qua ice-style fruit wine shows generous apple and apricot fruits, those backed up by notes of cinnamon and nutmeg, all on a vibrant background Lingers comfortably and remarkably clean on the palate. Drink now. Score 88. K

Domaine Pinnacle, Sparkling Ice Cider, Quebec, 2006: With generous fine bubbles, a sparkling ice cider showing green and red apple notes along with (surprisingly enough) hints of grapes, spices and lanolin. Light, with moderate sweetness well balanced by natural acidity and a well balanced, lightly honeyed note on the finish. Drink now-2009. Score 88. K
Daniel Rogov
Resident Curmudgeon

Re: Domaine Pinnacle Ice Apple Wine

Postby Menach N » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:41 pm

Thank you,
quite curious here :)
Ciao
Menach
Menach N
Ultra geek

Return to Israeli and Kosher Wine Forum