Now I know where everyone went!

Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Moderators: Jenise, David M. Bueker, Robin Garr

Now I know where everyone went!

Postby Linda R. (NC) » Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:24 pm

I was going through my bookmarked "food" sites looking for something new and interesting. I opened the "World of Creative Cookery" and saw a link to, of all things, the "Food Lovers' Discussion Group". I clicked, I liked what I saw, and signed up...again. Now I'll have to catch up on all that I missed. :)
Linda R. (NC)
Wine guru

Re: Now I know where everyone went!

Postby Mike Filigenzi » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:06 pm

Linda R. (NC) wrote:I was going through my bookmarked "food" sites looking for something new and interesting. I opened the "World of Creative Cookery" and saw a link to, of all things, the "Food Lovers' Discussion Group". I clicked, I liked what I saw, and signed up...again. Now I'll have to catch up on all that I missed. :)

Glad you made it back, Linda!! There's certainly still plenty of creative cookery going on over here.

Run across any good recipes lately?

Mike

"An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a very narrow field" - Niels Bohr
Mike Filigenzi
Known for his fashionable hair

Postby Jenise » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:58 pm

Linda, there you are! Glad you were able to find us. We did contact everyone who had made the first move to Netscape, but a lot of the messages popped back and we couldn't figure out who was who.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
Jenise
FLDG Dishwasher

Postby ChefCarey » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:10 am

Linda R. (NC) wrote:I was going through my bookmarked "food" sites looking for something new and interesting. I opened the "World of Creative Cookery" and saw a link to, of all things, the "Food Lovers' Discussion Group". I clicked, I liked what I saw, and signed up...again. Now I'll have to catch up on all that I missed. :)

I *hate* it when people know where I am!
ChefCarey

Postby Jenise » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:28 pm

ChefCarey wrote:I *hate* it when people know where I am!

That's why they plagiarize your recipes. :)
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
Jenise
FLDG Dishwasher

Postby Robin Garr » Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:31 pm

Linda R. (NC) wrote:I clicked, I liked what I saw, and signed up...again. Now I'll have to catch up on all that I missed. :)

Welcome home, Linda!
Robin Garr
Forum Janitor

Postby Linda R. (NC) » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:33 pm

Thanks to all for the re-welcome. I have collected some new recipes recently. Anyone who read my previous recipe posts know that I like to keep it short and simple. However, that doesn't mean that short on flavor. Two of my new favorites are two different versions of flank steak. One I marinate in chimichurri sauce (additional sauce served at the table), the other is served with an anchovy-garlic sauce. Both steaks are grilled and both are delicious.

Again, it's good to be back!
Linda R. (NC)
Wine guru

Return to The Forum Kitchen