The Billionaire's Vinegar

Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

The Billionaire's Vinegar

Postby Michael P » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:39 pm

I recently read this book and found it to a semi-interesting easy read. The book has gotten good reviews, although I found it to be just average.

However, I am curious if Rogov (or anyone else here) has ever tasted these infamous wines? Any thoughts on the book?

Thanks.
Michael P
Ultra geek

Re: The Billionaire's Vinegar

Postby Daniel Rogov » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:51 am

Michael, Hi.....

I have seen but not tasted several of those bottles. As to the Jefferson wines in question, a bottle of the Jefferson collection is located here in Israel, that thankfully purchased from a completely different source and as well verified as possible as to its provenance.

As to the book - I did glance through it but, having followed the story from its inception found it just a bit boring. I suppose though that for someone not familiar with the set of scandals involved, an easy and pleasant read. I understand by the way that the book is to be followed by a film.

As to counterfeiting of rare wines - seems to be a pretty active and lucrative albeit thoroughly illegal business these days. Fortunately (or not), most of us do not walk in the kind of circles in which "expensive Burgundy whites are downed like pitchers of grapefruit juice".

Best
Rogov
Daniel Rogov
Resident Curmudgeon

Return to Israeli and Kosher Wine Forum