New York Restaurants and Wine Bars

Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, welcoming foodies to discuss the dining scenes in Israel and abroad, along with all things related to kosher food.

New York Restaurants and Wine Bars

Postby Yariv H » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:03 am

Hi all
will be in New York city next week and would like to know if someone has a great place to recommend for Dinner and a nice Wine Bar
Yariv
Yariv H
Ultra geek

Re: New York Restaurants and Wine Bars

Postby Daniel Rogov » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:23 am

Yariv, Hi....

A good guide to several of the best wine bars in New York was posted by Aeyal Gross on his blog at http://www.notes.co.il/gross/29234.asp . I know you read Hebrew so you will have no problem reading that piece. Among the places he lists and I have since visited and recommend:

Vintage New York Wine Bar, 482 Broome St (at Wooster), 212-226-9463
Morrel Wine Bar, 1 Rockefeller, Plaza, 212-262-7700
Cru, 24 Fifth Ave (at 9th St), Tel 212-529-1700
Enoteca I Trulli, 212-481-7372, 122 E. 27th St (between Lexington Ave and Park Ave

As to restaurants, New York, like Paris, has become a moveable feast and one could (and several have) write a book entirely about dining out in that great city. I'll limit myself to two of my favorites: The Union Square Café and the Grand Central Oyster Bar.

Worth taking a look though at the thread on the "old forum" at http://stratsplace.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=16580 (be sure to follow the links given there as well)

Best
Rogov
Daniel Rogov
Resident Curmudgeon

Re: New York Restaurants and Wine Bars

Postby MarkC » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:41 am

Two comments. First, the eating scene in New York is so infinitely wide and varied, both as to food and to prices, that in order for anyone to remotely be able to answer your question, you would have to narrow down what you are looking for. Second, if you go to the chowhound website and look at their Manhattan thread, you will be thoroughly inundated with more information than you'll be able to handle.
MarkC
Wine geek

Return to Israeli and Kosher Culinary Corner