The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: 2004 Patz & Hall Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Howard

Rank

Ultra geek

Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:57 am

Chicago

WTN: 2004 Patz & Hall Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast

by Howard » Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:53 am

• 2004 Patz & Hall Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (6/21/2006)
    Here's what the winery says: "Dark red almost purple in color, it shows bright, delineated aromas of raspberry, cherry and cranberry interwoven with a spicy clove and five-spice component. Dense and supple, this wine assimilated the 50% new French oak effortlessly. It is surprisingly elegant with great purity and freshness."
    Here's what I say: "Oak, cinnamon, vanilla, alcohol.*gack*" I can't find any mention of % alcohol (don't they have to include that somewhere?) but it's got to be stratospheric. --Oh wait, here it is, 14.8%.
    This was a gift. I won't buy any more.

Posted from CellarTracker
no avatar
User

Redwinger

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:36 pm

Way Down South In Indiana, USA

Re: WTN: 2004 Patz & Hall Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast

by Redwinger » Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:03 am

Howard wrote:
  • 2004 Patz & Hall Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (6/21/2006)
    Here's what the winery says: "Dark red almost purple in color, it shows bright, delineated aromas of raspberry, cherry and cranberry interwoven with a spicy clove and five-spice component. Dense and supple, this wine assimilated the 50% new French oak effortlessly. It is surprisingly elegant with great purity and freshness."
    Here's what I say: "Oak, cinnamon, vanilla, alcohol.*gack*" I can't find any mention of % alcohol (don't they have to include that somewhere?) but it's got to be stratospheric. --Oh wait, here it is, 14.8%.
    This was a gift. I won't buy any more.
Posted from CellarTracker

Howard,
Thanks for the warning!!
Redwinger
Smile, it gives your face something to do!