Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

California League of Food Processors Show

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Gary Barlettano

Rank

Pappone di Vino

Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:50 pm

In a gallon jug far, far away ...

California League of Food Processors Show

by Gary Barlettano » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:46 pm

I was in and out in less than three hours and, unless you like pumps, conveyors, industrial size slicers and dicers, and plant sanitation and construction, you probably want to skip this one. Still in all:

1. I could have bought a pocket refractometer with automatic temperature compensation for 20% off the list price of $415.00. I'd be dangerous with one of those in my hip pocket!

2. I got to eat a ton of prepared and dried fruit, e.g. apricots, peaches, plums, prunes, pineapples, olives, tomatoes, figs and dates. They had long tables out for blind tastings and later auction. I think I might have overdone it.

3. Scholle Packaging was there with their bag-in-box wine system. They brought red and white samples from Trove, Trefft Cellars, San Felipe, Delicato, Banrock Station, Sylvester and Black Box. I tried some of the Banrock Station Shiraz, not bad and I didn't overdo it here. I even got to take a free wine glass home with Scholle Packaging on it.

Mom, how did I get from there to here?
And now what?