A Cadillac of a pasta machine? No, a Ferrari!!

Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Moderators: Jenise, David M. Bueker, Robin Garr

A Cadillac of a pasta machine? No, a Ferrari!!

Postby Jenise » Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:46 pm

My husband thought it would never happen: he goes channel surfing, pauses on the Discovery channel show Monster Garage, moves on and *I* ask him to switch it back? I did that, because for a second I thought they said they were installing a pasta machine in a red Ferrari.
Surely, I couldn't have heard right.

But this was Monster Garage, and so I had. A hopper in the engine compartment moved dough into an extruder that cut raddiatore shapes (natch!) that fell onto a conveyor belt powered by the windshield wiper motor that moved the pasta into a boiling pot in the trunk next to which was another pot for the sauce. Genius. Silly, wasteful, absurd genius, but genius.

I've never longed for an extruder, but I'd take that one.

Edited to test time delay of edit mechanism.
Oh, and something else interesting and on a slightly more practical level. Have you ever seen that pizza baker advertised on tv that's a countertop open rotating platform under a heat arm? The guy who made the sauce used one of those to cook his meatballs. I'm surprised it's powerful enough to brown a meatball, but it appeared that it does it so slowly and uninvasively that the resulting meatballs are perfectly round, an effect one can't get by pan-frying.
Last edited by Jenise on Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jenise
FLDG Dishwasher

I'd take that extruder, too...

Postby Barb Freda » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:10 am

...and if it MUST come attached to a Ferrari, well, then, I will suffer for my art.

B
Barb Freda
Ultra geek

Another way you must suffer...

Postby Jenise » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:56 am

...there's no room for the kids. :)
Jenise
FLDG Dishwasher

Return to The Forum Kitchen