Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

A fun read about one of our "favorite" markets

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Fred Sipe

Rank

Ultra geek

Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:34 am

Sunless Rust-Belt NE Ohio

A fun read about one of our "favorite" markets

by Fred Sipe » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:15 am

no avatar
User

Mike Filigenzi

Rank

Known for his fashionable hair

Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:43 pm

Sacramento, CA

Re: A fun read about one of our "favorite" markets

by Mike Filigenzi » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:54 am

Pretty funny. I like how she concentrates on the health/beauty aisles, which seem to be way overstocked to me.
"People who love to eat are always the best people"

- Julia Child
no avatar
User

Karen/NoCA

Rank

Hunter/Gatherer

Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:55 pm

by Karen/NoCA » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:40 am

When we go to Sacramento, I like to go there and by seafood.....it has always been fresh and excellent. I was overwhelmed by all the prepared food that looked delicious. One day, Gene and I went there and picked up lunch for our gang. There was nothing I would buy again. Our then five year old grandson said, "grandma, you cook better than those people do". Made my day. Trying to be positive, I told him, maybe I made the wrong choices, only to look up and see my sons rolling their eyes. :lol: Then wise son said, mom, I was wondering why your were buying all that stuff! Sometimes, a grandma just does not want to cook!!!
no avatar
User

Rahsaan

Rank

Wild and Crazy Guy

Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:20 pm

New York, NY

by Rahsaan » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:59 am

Karen/NoCA wrote: I was overwhelmed by all the prepared food that looked delicious. One day, Gene and I went there and picked up lunch for our gang. There was nothing I would buy again.

There is a lot of variation across stores in the prepared foods at Whole Foods, which I actually like, because they do a good job of having regional specialties and approaches to food.

Clearly we can all cook better but in those situations when one needs 'fast food' Whole Foods is my preferred option, and it is also good for groups because there is something for everything.