Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

CTN Favorite Cheese!

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jon Peterson

Rank

The Court Winer

Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:53 pm

The Blue Crab State

Re: CTN Favorite Cheese!

by Jon Peterson » Fri May 24, 2013 7:43 am

I love Red Hawk and bought it often when I worked in DC (there is a Cowgirl Creamery just a few blocks from the courthouse). I was actually asked not to put my Red Hawk purchases in the refrigerator that the three of us shared due to the aroma and ended up bringing one of those soft-sided insulated lunch totes with me whenever I planned to buy cheese.
When I served Red hawk at a Christmas dinner a few years back, my niece commented that it was like wine in the sense that it had layers of complex flavors. I think that's a good description.
no avatar
User

Brian K Miller

Rank

Passionate Arboisphile

Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:05 am

Northern California

by Brian K Miller » Thu May 30, 2013 5:00 pm

Mike Filigenzi wrote:Winters has been getting a bit of a reputation for itself lately. Several local wineries have tasting rooms in the downtown area and the Putah Creek Cafe has reportedly been serving very tasty food. Even the Buckhorn (an old deer-head-on-the-wall steak place) has upped their game.

Main Street cellars is a nice stop. The wine selection is good, but the beer selection has introduced me to a whole new world of weird Belgian beers that I find fascinating!
...(Humans) are unique in our capacity to construct realities at utter odds with reality. Dogs dream and dolphins imagine, but only humans are deluded. –Jacob Bacharach
no avatar
User

Mike Filigenzi

Rank

Known for his fashionable hair

Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:43 pm

Sacramento, CA

by Mike Filigenzi » Thu May 30, 2013 9:16 pm

Brian K Miller wrote:
Mike Filigenzi wrote:Winters has been getting a bit of a reputation for itself lately. Several local wineries have tasting rooms in the downtown area and the Putah Creek Cafe has reportedly been serving very tasty food. Even the Buckhorn (an old deer-head-on-the-wall steak place) has upped their game.

Main Street cellars is a nice stop. The wine selection is good, but the beer selection has introduced me to a whole new world of weird Belgian beers that I find fascinating!

Thanks! I'll likely be out there tomorrow night - a friend of mine just got a job pouring for Turkovich.

If you like the Belgian ales, you might want to check out Pangaea - a place in my 'hood that specializes in them.
"People who love to eat are always the best people"

- Julia Child
Previous