Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

For the E. Dehillerin fans

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Karen/NoCA

Rank

Hunter/Gatherer

Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:55 pm

For the E. Dehillerin fans

by Karen/NoCA » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:58 pm

I came across this website today and thought you might enjoy the virtual tour of the store. I read comments from readers on another site who had visited E. Dehillerin. Comments ranged from "a very dusty store with rude staff, to a dusty store with nice staff. After looking at the pictures of the store, it is no wonder it is dusty....how could you possibly keep up with the dusting in a place so crowded. I also read several comments about folks wanting the Silpat cooking mats with the imprinted name.

http://www.acanadianfoodie.com/2010/08/03/kitchen-bakeware-and-specialty-food-shopping-in-paris-e-dehillerin-g-detou-and-mora/
no avatar
User

Jon Peterson

Rank

The Court Winer

Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:53 pm

The Blue Crab State

Re: For the E. Dehillerin fans

by Jon Peterson » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:52 am

Thanks for posting this, Karen. I am so looking forward to being there.
no avatar
User

Karen/NoCA

Rank

Hunter/Gatherer

Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:55 pm

by Karen/NoCA » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:15 pm

Jon Peterson wrote:Thanks for posting this, Karen. I am so looking forward to being there.

I used to travel with a girlfriend several times a year and we would always hit the kitchen shops in areas we went, plus shops to do with our mutual hobby. Of course, we would always arrive early, press our noses to the windows and chant, "open, open,open" just like the commercial years ago. Some shop keepers cracked up and let us in early. Somehow, I don't think the French folks at E. Dehillerin would find that humorous! :lol:
no avatar
User

Jon Peterson

Rank

The Court Winer

Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:53 pm

The Blue Crab State

by Jon Peterson » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:49 pm

Liz and I won't be there too early, rest assured, but we may linger too long!
In addition to acting like tourists, another thing I want to do, as stated in another post, is to buy some Amer Picon, so I'll be walking into all the wine/spirit shops, especially Galeries Lafayette in Boulevard Haussmann as Fredrik suggested.