Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Top Chef News

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Top Chef News

by Jenise » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:48 pm

The next season of Top Chef apparently takes place in Seattle. And you know how they then go somewhere else for the finale? In this case, they get on a cruise chip headed for Juneau. Hugh Acheson is one of the judges who made the trip.

Separately, looks like Bravo can't quit mining Top Chef for ratings gold. They have another Top Chef show in the works, this time a "where are they now" kind of show. Here's the press release on that:

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 3 AT 10 PM ET/PT

Series Catches Up With Favorite Former Chef'testants Richard Blais, Jen Carroll, Spike Mendelsohn and Fabio Viviani

NEW YORK – August 27, 2012 – For the first time, cameras are taken outside of the "Top Chef" kitchen and into the lives of Bravo Media's most beloved former chef'testants in "Life After Top Chef," premiering Wednesday, October 3 at 10 p.m., ET/PT. The show follows Richard Blais in Atlanta, Jen Carroll in Philadelphia, Spike Mendelsohn in D.C., and Fabio Viviani in Los Angeles as they reach milestones in both their personal lives and culinary careers, from opening their own restaurants to expanding franchises and establishing themselves as culinary leaders in the food world. For more information, visit www.BravoTV.com and follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/BravoPR. For a sneak peek visit: http://www.bravotv.com/life-after-top-c ... -of-a-chef

Richard Blais is a perfectionist with a relentless mind, and after losing Top Chef: Chicago season four, he came back with a vengeance and ultimately won Top Chef All Stars. Richard owns a successful four-star burger eatery with multiple locations and runs a creative culinary company that works with three and four-star restaurants. Following a failed attempt at his culinary dream, Richard wants to invest his winnings to finally succeed in opening a fine dining restaurant in Atlanta. Unfortunately, he struggles between his ambitions in the kitchen and being there for his family at home.

If there's one female chef who can intimidate the guys, it's badass Jen Carroll. As the bright and shining star of Chef Eric Ripert's restaurant empire, she left her most recent post as Executive Chef at 10 Arts in Philadelphia to head out on her own. She sets out to open Concrete Blonde, her dream restaurant, with an equal dose of ambition and tenacity. She must overcome some hurdles before realizing that it takes more than raw talent to achieve your goals. In her personal life, Jen helps care for her sick mother and is coming to terms with being 37-years-old and newly single.

Spike Mendelsohn competed on Top Chef to gain notoriety, and quickly became a household name. Being the baby of a food industry family, he was encouraged to associate his name with the family business to drive its success. While Spike wants to please his family, he also wants to succeed in opening a restaurant of his own. This carefree and brilliant chef struggles with his strong desire to venture on his own while avoiding ruffling feathers with the Mendelsohn clan.

Fan favorite Fabio Viviani won over America in Top Chef: New York season five with his thick Italian accent, and suave yet gregarious nature. He has never met a hand he did not want to kiss and with use of the sheer radiance of his dazzling personality, he hopes to build his empire and become the "male Martha Stewart." The chef and owner of two successful Los Angeles restaurants, Fabio is going non-stop with global food festivals, charity events, a web show and multiple partnerships, and this unwavering ambition starts to take a toll on him, both physically and emotionally.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Carrie L.

Rank

Golfball Gourmet

Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:12 am

Extreme Southwest & Extreme Northeast

Re: Top Chef News

by Carrie L. » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:39 am

Cool, thanks for the update! Seattle will be a great home base for them.
Just got back to NC so can start catching up on my recorded Top Chef Masters. :)
Hello. My name is Carrie, and I...I....still like oaked Chardonnay. (Please don't judge.)
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:21 pm

Carrie L. wrote:Cool, thanks for the update! Seattle will be a great home base for them.
Just got back to NC so can start catching up on my recorded Top Chef Masters. :)

It's a fun season on TCM! And I've fallen in love with Art Smith; oh yes, I know he's gay AND married, but I want him anyway. :)
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Robert Reynolds

Rank

1000th member!

Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:52 pm

Sapulpa, OK

by Robert Reynolds » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:06 pm

Jenise, Gail says Art annoys the hell out of her and wishes he'd get the boot. I like his Southern inspired food, so I hope he sticks around a while longer.
Reckon the Seattle season will have a few shopping trips to Pike Place Market? Be a shame if not.
ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε
no avatar
User

Carrie L.

Rank

Golfball Gourmet

Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:12 am

Extreme Southwest & Extreme Northeast

by Carrie L. » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:39 pm

Jenise wrote:
Carrie L. wrote:Cool, thanks for the update! Seattle will be a great home base for them.

It's a fun season on TCM! And I've fallen in love with Art Smith; oh yes, I know he's gay AND married, but I want him anyway. :)

I think Art is a hoot. Good for him losing all that weight too. I like the Venezualan girl a lot. Can't think of her name. She is adorable.
Hello. My name is Carrie, and I...I....still like oaked Chardonnay. (Please don't judge.)