Sauce Andalouse?

Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Moderators: Jenise, David M. Bueker, Robin Garr

Sauce Andalouse?

Postby Bill Spohn » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:13 pm

Anyone a fan of this? It makes a great substitute for catsup with fries (as done in Belgium). Usually a base of mayo and tomato paste, with additives that usually include diced onion, red and green bell peppers, garlic, and in the case of my own preference, some cayenne and/or hot or smoked paprika.

I like this with fish and veggies as well as fries, but I don't see too much about this sort of sauce. anyone else a fan?
Bill Spohn
He put the 'bar' in 'barrister'

Re: Sauce Andalouse?

Postby Drew Hall » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:11 am

Yes but even more so mayo and Huy Fong Chili Garlic Sauce (Sriracha) wisked together.
Drew Hall
Wine guru

Postby Bill Spohn » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:32 am

Aha - something else to try, thanks!
Bill Spohn
He put the 'bar' in 'barrister'

Postby Jenise » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:51 pm

Bill Spohn wrote:Anyone a fan of this? It makes a great substitute for catsup with fries (as done in Belgium). Usually a base of mayo and tomato paste, with additives that usually include diced onion, red and green bell peppers, garlic, and in the case of my own preference, some cayenne and/or hot or smoked paprika.

I like this with fish and veggies as well as fries, but I don't see too much about this sort of sauce. anyone else a fan?

Sounds like Americans call Thousand Island dressing.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
Jenise
FLDG Dishwasher

Return to The Forum Kitchen