Larry Greenly wrote:I've heard of measuring cups of water exploding when the user tries to remove them from a microwave (the water becomes superheated and doesn't boil).
But my worst disaster was many years ago when I was raising chickens. I decided to feed a bunch of chopped-up, hard-cooked eggs to my chickens.
I placed a couple of dozen eggs in a heavy-duty garbage bag and zapped them. Pretty soon I heard explosions in the microwave (the eggs were exploding). I stopped the microwave and removed the bag, but they would still occasionally explode as I was trying to take them outside. Let me tell you, exploding eggs are dangerous and no joking matter. They were like little hand grenades, complete with shrapnel and pieces of very hot egg white slicing through the bag. Can you say, "WMD?"
Moral: don't do that.
Stuart Yaniger wrote:My comment wasn't meant to be about the image, it was just a fun link. There must be an updated version of the stoned babysitter legend, with a microwaved baby substituting for the baked one.
Larry Greenly wrote:Chickens eat anything. What about bugs? Eewww.
I used to drop a cicada into the flock and watch all hell break loose when one chicken (with the cicada) would run around with all the other ones after her trying to snag her treat.
Bill Spohn wrote:Stuart Yaniger wrote:My comment wasn't meant to be about the image, it was just a fun link. There must be an updated version of the stoned babysitter legend, with a microwaved baby substituting for the baked one.
I have my own version of the stoned babysitter story, but it doesn't involve microwaves....
Ian Sutton wrote:Biggest disaster is what it did to my moms cooking. From a decent, if disinterested cook, she lost all understanding of what real food tasted like through it's use. I recall one week, where we had Chicken leg, jacket potato and sweetcorn each of the seven days... with each item in the same position for every meal. AAAARRGGHH!!!
You'll not be surprised to hear I don't own one!
Larry Greenly wrote:
Mad Cow (BSE) was started by adding meat supplements derived from another mammalian species (sheep) that were suffering from scabies, a related disease--otherwise, we'd have to worry about those disease-causing prions every time we ate eggs or even fish fetuses (caviar).
Skye Astara wrote:Larry Greenly wrote:
Wasn't it scrapie?
Scabies is my biggest fear in life. We learned about it graphically in health class in 9th grade and I've never gotten over it lol
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests