A "chili" contest

Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Moderators: Jenise, David M. Bueker, Robin Garr

Re: A "chili" contest

Postby Robin Garr » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:58 pm

ChefCarey wrote:
Robin Garr wrote:Louisville had plenty of old German and Italian bakeries that went back to the 1900s

Meant to type "1800s," of course.

Who knows the bakery and the whorehouse may have set me on the road to becoming an English major.

Better story than mine. I chose it because I like to read, and it was lots less work than physics. :oops:
Robin Garr
Forum Janitor

Postby ChefCarey » Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:52 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
ChefCarey wrote:
Robin Garr wrote:Louisville had plenty of old German and Italian bakeries that went back to the 1900s

Meant to type "1800s," of course.

Who knows the bakery and the whorehouse may have set me on the road to becoming an English major.

Better story than mine. I chose it because I like to read, and it was lots less work than physics. :oops:

Well, I had read all the Sherlock Holmes stories by the time I was 11. :)
ChefCarey

Postby Bill Spohn » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:53 pm

I agree that 'real chile' doesn't have beans, but am not as dogmatic as some purists (the whole subject seems to bring out strong feelings in some people).

I like a theme event. I do an annual event in the garden with the theme being terrines, pates, galantine, ballotine etc. It is interesting to see the creativity utilised in the production of these dishes. An all chile event might be a bit on the heavy side, mind you..... :shock:
Bill Spohn
He put the 'bar' in 'barrister'

Postby Mike Filigenzi » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:08 pm

Bill Spohn wrote:An all chile event might be a bit on the heavy side, mind you..... :shock:

Yeah, that's one of the downsides....

:)

Mike

"An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a very narrow field" - Niels Bohr
Mike Filigenzi
Known for his fashionable hair

Previous

Return to The Forum Kitchen