Everything about food, from matching food and wine to recipes, techniques and trends.

Other food-related stuff i am doing...

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

ChefCarey

Other food-related stuff i am doing...

by ChefCarey » Tue May 16, 2006 6:56 pm

May 27, a new farmer's market is opening in downtown Memphis and I'll be doing demos there that day.

June 3, will be at The SuperChefs event at the Wolfchase Galleria doing a demo with a sommelier on food and wine pairings - will be a challenge since the wines will all be Jacob's Creek. :) Maryann Esposito will be the "celebrity" chef doing demos, too. :)

Alos, being an inveterate reader myself, I have asked my publicist to set up signings for the new book at small, independent bookstores *first.* Did one at Burke's Books in Memphis last night - I think it is the oldest independent bookstore still operating in the United States - 1875. Next month I will be at "That Bookstore" in Blytheville AR. This is where Grisham started several of his book tours. Of course he always had lines around the block and I'll be shaking a tambourine naked on the corner to drum up attention.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: Other food-related stuff i am doing...

by Jenise » Wed May 17, 2006 1:33 pm

shaking a tambourine naked

That could be the title of your next book. It has a Tom Wolfe-ish kind of ring to it, doesn't it?

Are you going to be going out of the area (like say, Seattle) on your signing tour?
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

ChefCarey

Re: Other food-related stuff i am doing...

by ChefCarey » Thu May 18, 2006 7:58 am

Jenise wrote:
shaking a tambourine naked

That could be the title of your next book. It has a Tom Wolfe-ish kind of ring to it, doesn't it?

Are you going to be going out of the area (like say, Seattle) on your signing tour?

Likely I won't get any closer than Portland. I will probably be going there in about a month for a consulting job. My publisher is cheap so, they are prefectly willing to set up signings anywhere my expenses are taken care of. :)

As soon as I have a firm date, my publicist will be talking with the people at Powell's.

You tambourine fans are all alike!