TN: 2003 Pride Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve

This forum will be used as a read-only archive for older WTN posts and other archival material from The Wine Forum.

Moderators: Jenise, David M. Bueker, Robin Garr

TN: 2003 Pride Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve

Postby David M. Bueker » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:32 pm

50% from Napa & 50% from Sonoma
98% Cabernet with 2% Petit Verdot

Not shocking that it is completely primary. There's a lot of depth to the flavors though, but I would not serve it to the oak averse or someone who thinks Loire Cab Franc is as rich as red wine should get. :wink:

I am going to make sure my steak does not go past rare, and this should be a fine accompaniment.
There behind the glass lies a real blade of grass. Be careful as you pass. Move along. Move along.
David M. Bueker
Riesling Guru

Re: TN: 2003 Pride Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve

Postby James Roscoe » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:40 pm

Why would you let your steak get past rare in any case? Sounds like a fine wine to me despite my preference for the Loire CF.
.....we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth. A. Lincoln
James Roscoe
Chat Prince

Re: TN: 2003 Pride Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve

Postby David M. Bueker » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:43 pm

I like steak medium rare most of the time. Mostly because it ends up warmer in the center.
There behind the glass lies a real blade of grass. Be careful as you pass. Move along. Move along.
David M. Bueker
Riesling Guru

Return to WTN Archives