New NYC Kosher Restaurants reviews?

Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, welcoming foodies to discuss the dining scenes in Israel and abroad, along with all things related to kosher food.

New NYC Kosher Restaurants reviews?

Postby Moshe F » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:11 pm

The food side of this place has been quiet for a couple months... I noticed there are a few new places that opened in NYC and was wondering if anyone has tried them at all. I am getting a little tired of rotating through the usual, Mike's, Le Marais, Abigael's etc. especially since these places are very slow to update their menu.

La Brochette Steakhouse @ 340 Lexington Ave
Reserve Cut @ 40 Broad Street
Solo Chinese @ 550 Madison Ave.
Prime at the Bentley (not brand new but new-ish) @ 500 E. 62nd St.

Any thoughts on these? I browsed their menu/prices and it seems some kosher establishments are catering only to the 1%-ers...
Moshe F
Wine geek

Re: New NYC Kosher Restaurants reviews?

Postby Yossie Horwitz » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:49 pm

Reserve Cut has some of the best steaks ever. period. Bentley is nice with good food and nice ambiance. Solo Chinese is well done but exceptionally overpriced for what it is. Haven't been to La Bouchet but heard it is pretty good. Mike's Bistro is moving soon to 54th between Park and Lex. Noi Due is awesome for dairy and well priced.
Sign up for my weekly newsletter on wines, wineries & other oenophilic goodies at http://www.yossiescorkboard.com
Yossie Horwitz
Wine guru

Return to Israeli and Kosher Culinary Corner