Sunday Chat

The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Moderators: Jenise, David M. Bueker, Robin Garr

Sunday Chat

Postby James Roscoe » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:43 pm

It is the first Sunday in January. The Washington - Baltimore area is hosting two playoff games. I will be glued to the television. Hopefully others will make it into Chat. There has been no one here on Wednesdays and precious few people on Sundays. Hopefully this is just a phase. Here are the times when the fun gets started: at 4 p.m. Eastern Time; 3 p.m. Central Time; 2 p.m. Mountain Time; 1 p.m. Pacific Time; 9 p.m. in the UK; 10 p.m. in Italy, France, Germany, and Sweden; 11 p.m. in Finland and Israel; 8 a.m. Monday in Sydney and environs; and 10 a.m. Monday in New Zealand. I believe these are all corrected for standard time changes. If I am off, let me know. Please let me know when the time changes in your neck of the woods so I remember to make the appropriate changes.

The fun startsHERE!!!!!
.....we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth. A. Lincoln
James Roscoe
Chat Prince

Re: Sunday Chat

Postby Bob Henrick » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:44 pm

I will be visiting my wife in the hospital at chat time, so will not be available.
Bob Henrick
Bob Henrick
Wine guru

Postby James Roscoe » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:01 pm

Bob Henrick wrote:I will be visiting my wife in the hospital at chat time, so will not be available.

Bob you have a permanent pass. I hope things get better soon! I think about you a lot. :(
.....we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth. A. Lincoln
James Roscoe
Chat Prince

Postby David Lole » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:07 pm

I just woke up (it's 5 am here) and am very sorry to hear Bob's wife is in hospital. Hoping it's nothing serious. If I can make chat, I'll be there.
Cheers,

David
David Lole
Wine guru

Postby Sue Courtney » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:51 pm

We plan to be there - with coffee and muffins for the 10 am kick off in our neck of the woods.
Very sorry to hear your wife is in hospital Bob. Our thoughts are with you.
Sue
Sue Courtney
Wine guru

Postby David Lole » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:30 pm

We have two NZer's, an aussie, a Swede, JB and ZIPPY in chat. Why not hit the join button in James' post and come have a bit of fun!
Cheers,

David
David Lole
Wine guru

Postby Sue Courtney » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:58 pm

And Celia arrived too. Four from down under - it was like a reunion. More chats are on our agenda for 2013!
Sue Courtney
Wine guru

Postby David Lole » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:36 am

Here here, Sue! 'Twas like old times, alright. All we needed was James Roscoe and I would have cracked a 1996 Dom! :wink:
Cheers,

David
David Lole
Wine guru

Postby David M. Bueker » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:34 am

Bob - sorry to hear about your wife.

Folks - hopefully I will be able to log in to chat in 2013. Would love to talk with folks again!
There behind the glass lies a real blade of grass. Be careful as you pass. Move along. Move along.
David M. Bueker
Riesling Guru

Return to The Wine Forum