Mamilla restaurant

Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, welcoming foodies to discuss the dining scenes in Israel and abroad, along with all things related to kosher food.

Mamilla restaurant

Postby Mark Lieser » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:17 pm

An open question:

I have a colleague from the US who just arrived in Israel for the first time. To give some idea of who I'm dealing with, he piloted his own plane here and landed yesterday. I helped him clear some of the bureaucratic issues with the trip, and to thank me he wants to take my wife and me out to a nice dinner. For the record he is not Jewish, and clearly has expensive tastes, and is very well travelled. I keep kosher.

He is staying at the Mamilla Hotel, and his guide wants to make a reservation for us at the hotel's rooftop restaurant. I know nothing about this place having never eaten there. I was thinking about Fink's as it is directly across the street and would be a unique dining experience.

In short, does anyone know if Mamilla's restaurant will fit the bill? I'm pretty familiar with just about every other place in town. I have had altogether too many experiences of kosher establishments that don't live up to the standards of those whose dining options are much broader.

Any thoughts? Gabriel - I was going to email you directly, but I'm assuming you'll see this here, and I may get others' opinions, as well.

Mark Lieser
Mark Lieser
Ultra geek

Re: Mamilla restaurant

Postby Gabriel Geller » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:47 pm

Yep, just read this here now. Glad I was able to assist you by email. Hope the meal reached the expectations.

Best,

GG
Gabriel Geller
Wine guru

Return to Israeli and Kosher Culinary Corner