Cafe Kadosh

Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, welcoming foodies to discuss the dining scenes in Israel and abroad, along with all things related to kosher food.

Cafe Kadosh

Postby Mark Lieser » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:34 am

Nothing new on the food side, so I might as well relate my lunch experience of today...

After stopping off at Gabe Geller's store to see what new wine he could introduce me to, my wife and I went to Cafe Kadosh on Shlomtzion Hamalka Street in Jerusalem. She has been telling me for quite some time what a delightful dairy place this is for a midday meal.

Not exactly.

The food - at least the main courses - were tasty. The service - essentially ruined the entire afternoon. Interestingly, when we arrived, the place was mobbed, but the wait staff held their own. By the time our plates were cleared, the restaurant was at best, 30% full. We waited 50 minutes by my watch for our waitress (heck, ANY waiter or waitress) to approach our table again, to no avail. I was actually looking forward to a coffee and what looked like good cheesecake displayed behind the counter.

I did what I have never done in the ten years since we've lived in Israel (and we eat out quite a bit) - I walked up to the manager, handed him 100 Shekels, told him that his restaurant had the worst service in the country and walked out. He didn't make any attempt to get me to stay or resolve the problem.

I understand this establishment has been around for over 40 years and is quite popular. I won't be back.
Mark Lieser
Ultra geek

Re: Cafe Kadosh

Postby Gabriel Geller » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:46 am

Well I'm shocked to read this, 50 mins! :shock: Believe it or not Mark but being myself a foodie and having lived in Jerusalem for 13 years I've never had a real meal at Kadosh. However I'm still willing to give them a chance, hoping I'll have a better experience than yours and will keep you posted here.

Best,

GG
Gabriel Geller
'So-called' wine expert

Return to Israeli and Kosher Culinary Corner