The Culinary Plan of the Afternon

Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, welcoming foodies to discuss the dining scenes in Israel and abroad, along with all things related to kosher food.

The Culinary Plan of the Afternon

Postby Daniel Rogov » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:16 am

On a fast now in order to do blood tests. That increases the dreaming. Meeting a dear friend for lunch at Dixie at 13:30. My dream of the moment, to start with a shared platter of Dixie's great spiced chicken wings and then, for me a 250 gram burger, that with cheddar cheese, a double order of bacon on the burger and that topped with a generous overabundance of fried onions. Oyez, oyez.

Rogov
Daniel Rogov
Resident Curmudgeon

Re: The Culinary Plan of the Afternon

Postby Trevor F » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:30 am

Daniel Rogov wrote: My dream of the moment, to start with a shared platter of Dixie's great spiced chicken wings and then, for me a 250 gram burger, that with cheddar cheese, a double order of bacon on the burger and that topped with a generous overabundance of fried onions. Rogov

Fasting sounds a lot better.
Trevor F
Ultra geek

Postby David H » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:23 am

I would skip the fast and go directly to Dixie.
Birthdays are nature’s way of telling us to eat more cake. --
Anon.
David H
Wine geek

Postby Daniel Rogov » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:13 am

As planned and thoroughly enjoyed, sharing the spiced chicken wings, me on to my burger, a dear friend to an entrecote steak and then a dessert platter inclluding cheese cake, mahlabi and half-frozen chocolate cookies. Surprise, surprise though....with the meal Coca Cola.

Best
Rogov
Daniel Rogov
Resident Curmudgeon

Postby Ken Schechet » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:01 am

Rogov, sometimes I think you and I are so alike that it's silly. I have a decades old tradition of going to McDonalds after fasting for a blood test and ordering the biggest, most disgusting burger they have. It's the only time I ever go to McDonalds.

Thinking about it for a minute, your plan is much better than mine. I need to find a much better and more decadent place.
Ken
My Indian name is "Walks With Wine".
Ken Schechet
Ultra geek

Postby Jenise » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:18 pm

Ken Schechet wrote: I need to find a much better and more decadent place.

Well, you spared us having to point out the obvious. McDonalds is definitely capable of disgusting, but on decadence they fall way short. :wink:
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
Jenise
FLDG Dishwasher

Return to Israeli and Kosher Culinary Corner