Food fascism

Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, welcoming foodies to discuss the dining scenes in Israel and abroad, along with all things related to kosher food.

Food fascism

Postby Trevor F » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:59 pm

Whose fault is it really if you eat or drink too much ? Why, the seller of course if you read the link on Harry's Place. Although looking at the photo of the council leader in question perhaps he looks rather obese as well.

http://hurryupharry.org/2011/02/02/food-fascism/

Link works but doesn't direct to you the page - find the discussion 'Food fascism' and click on it
Trevor F
Ultra geek

Re: Food fascism

Postby Daniel Rogov » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:07 pm

I blame Macdonald's and others of that ilk for the obesity of millions no more than I blame geese for giving us foie gras. The option of whather an adult eatseither the triple Big Mac or a half kilo of foie gras is entirely up to them and waiving that responsibility is the fault of our own inability to decide what will, in the end be good or bad for us. In the case of children, obesity is entirely the responsibility of parents. After all, many things are offered to us that we reject. The question is only one of how far the use of intelligence will take us.
Daniel Rogov
Resident Curmudgeon

Postby Shlomo R » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:41 am

Daniel Rogov wrote: The question is only one of how far the use of intelligence will take us.

Unfortunately, in the case of the general population, the answer to that question is a resounding nowhere. :(
http://www.chailifeline.org/events/Bike ... rosenzweig - cycling 175 miles to raise money for summer camp for kids with cancer - doing it again in 2014!
Shlomo R
Ultra geek

Postby Robin Garr » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:43 am

Trevor F wrote:Link works but doesn't direct to you the page - find the discussion 'Food fascism' and click on it

Trevor, I puzzled out the problem with the link and took the liberty of correcting it, so the original link goes directly to the story now.
Robin Garr
Forum Janitor

Postby Charlie Dawg » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:15 pm

I really do not understand how any body in the right mind would/could blame restaurants/stores/fast food chains. But people do. The lawyers are getting more and more creative with the scam on how to sue and get money out of peopple.
You are what you eat.
Charlie Dawg
Ultra geek

Postby Daniel Rogov » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:29 pm

Charlie Dawg wrote:I really do not understand how any body in the right mind would/could blame restaurants/stores/fast food chains.

Sadly, Charlie, its rather simple. A great many self-indulgent people these days simply refuse to accept any responsibility at all for their own fates. It is far easier to blame someone else and thus to avoid whatever feelings of guilt or remorse might otherwise arise.

Best
Rogov
Daniel Rogov
Resident Curmudgeon

Return to Israeli and Kosher Culinary Corner