Pizza rules!

Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, welcoming foodies to discuss the dining scenes in Israel and abroad, along with all things related to kosher food.

Pizza rules!

Postby David H » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:36 am

I have always been a pizza eater, and now I have medical backing for continuing to be. Unfortunately, I don't live in Italy, but maybe the indicators in the Guardian article hold for Israel as well. Here's the link to healthy living:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2010/aug/16/pizza-save-life-improbable-research
Birthdays are nature’s way of telling us to eat more cake. --
Anon.
David H
Wine geek

Re: Pizza rules!

Postby Daniel Rogov » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:33 am

David, Hi.....

Truly, one of the funniest research reports I have read in years. Me wondereth just who funded these studies. Me also wondereth if the money spent on the "research" might not have been better used to buy fine pizzas for the researchers.

Like you and many millions of our brothers and sisters the world over, I adore pizza. When I start thinking of pizzas as "health food", however, it will be time for me to: (a) move over to taking pills of Omega 3, resveratrol and mega-vitamins; (b) give up forever on foie gras; and (c) go on a diet entirelly of oysters and hard boiled eggs.

Best and Chuckling
Rogov
Daniel Rogov
Resident Curmudgeon

Return to Israeli and Kosher Culinary Corner