Dining In A Neighboring City(Worth Reading and Pondering On)

Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, welcoming foodies to discuss the dining scenes in Israel and abroad, along with all things related to kosher food.

Dining In A Neighboring City(Worth Reading and Pondering On)

Postby Daniel Rogov » Sat May 29, 2010 2:50 pm

Delighted to post the menu of a recently opened restaurant, one that seems well designed, set along a lovely garden with a modern hi-rise in the background. Sent to me by my most faithful correspondent along with the note: "Please let me know when and if you review this restaurant".

In order to visit at this time, I would have to violate the laws of one country and one authority and, of course, to take my life into my proverbial hands, for the restaurant is in Gaza City. In all sincerity, I do hope the day will come when I can drive to Gaza, there to enjoy the restaurant, the beaches and the city itself. After all, Gaza City is an easy drive from Tel Aviv.

The restaurant's somewhat eclectic menu can be found at http://www.rootsclub.ps/1/Menu-Roots/Me ... fault.html There are several photos throughout but be sure to flip through to pages 14-15 where there is a photo of the restaurant in its setting.

And please, please: This is a thread about a restaurant so let us restrict ourselves to food and dining and leave all political considerations aside.

Best
Rogov
Daniel Rogov
Resident Curmudgeon

Re: Dining In A Neighboring City(Worth Reading and Pondering On)

Postby Karen/NoCA » Sat May 29, 2010 6:57 pm

Wow Daniel, the menu is amazing. So many beautiful choices to ponder over. I can only imagine what the presentations would be like. I do hope that someday you can visit Gaza and enjoy what the City has to offer. Now I am hungry.
Karen/NoCA
Hunter/Gatherer

Postby Bernard Roth » Sun May 30, 2010 2:30 am

Can someone provide a different image of the menu? It is too small on my screen to read.
Regards,
Bernard Roth
Bernard Roth
Wine guru

Postby Daniel Rogov » Sun May 30, 2010 4:55 am

Bernard, Hi...

Sorry but that is the only link I have.

Best
Rogov
Daniel Rogov
Resident Curmudgeon

Postby Karen/NoCA » Sun May 30, 2010 1:19 pm

Bernard,
Here is the link as it appears on my screen...does it make a difference? In addition, at the top of the screen, there is an eyeglass icon you can click on. It made my picture a tad bigger. I can easily read the menu, however. Maybe it can be sent to Word for editing?
http://www.rootsclub.ps/1/Menu-Roots/Menu-Roots/Default.html
Karen/NoCA
Hunter/Gatherer

Return to Israeli and Kosher Culinary Corner