Canadian Hamburgers

Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, welcoming foodies to discuss the dining scenes in Israel and abroad, along with all things related to kosher food.

Canadian Hamburgers

Postby Daniel Rogov » Mon May 10, 2010 4:17 am

An abundance of people seem to make the world's largest......whatever. Sent to me by one of my faithful correspondents, a photo of a Canadian chef who weighs in with a hamburger at 590 lbs (232 kilos). Looks to me as if the roll is overdone, that some of the tomatoes were not quite ripe enough, and where, after all, are the mustard, ketchup, mayonnaise, hotsauce and fried onions?

What can one say about a 590 lb hamburger except suggestion to see the photo at http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picture ... -2010.html

Best
Rogov
Daniel Rogov
Resident Curmudgeon

Re: Canadian Hamburgers

Postby David H » Mon May 10, 2010 4:55 am

268 kilograms, actually.
Birthdays are nature’s way of telling us to eat more cake. --
Anon.
David H
Wine geek

Postby Daniel Rogov » Mon May 10, 2010 5:01 am

David, Hi......

One of us is not being very good at arithmetics and it seems that it was I at fault. Indeed 1 kilo = 2.2 lbs and your calculation is far better than my own. Perhaps its little things like this that account for why I am a wine critic and not a mathematician.

Best
Rogov
Daniel Rogov
Resident Curmudgeon

Postby Edward G Robinson » Fri May 14, 2010 2:55 pm

The bun would have to have a fair amount of crust not to be utterly crushed by the weight of the burger, the onions appear raw, perhaps not to wilt the bun as proper grilled or sauteed onions would surely do, and clearly a stunt to get into Guinness book or the like.

If they finished it in one sitting, that would impress me indeed.
Where's your Rogov Now?
Edward G Robinson
Wine geek

Postby Daniel Rogov » Fri May 14, 2010 3:49 pm

Edward G Robinson wrote: If they finished it in one sitting, that would impress me indeed.

Eddie,

If one guy finished it one setting, now that would really and truly impress me.

Best
Rogov
Daniel Rogov
Resident Curmudgeon

Postby Jenise » Sat May 15, 2010 12:50 pm

That's the kind of absurd accomplishment I just love. You can't really eat it, but make one anyway...just because! I recognize Kevin Brauch with the microphone (if anyone watches the American Iron Chef, you will too).
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
Jenise
FLDG Dishwasher

Return to Israeli and Kosher Culinary Corner