Having a Cocktail with Elvis

Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, welcoming foodies to discuss the dining scenes in Israel and abroad, along with all things related to kosher food.

Having a Cocktail with Elvis

Postby Tim OL » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:44 pm

I am always amazed on some of these food network competitive shows when one of the
contestants will use the Elvis Presley peanut butter and banana sandwich as a basis
for their entry dish. This sandwich just seems to surface again and again.

When I was very young I could not stand peanut butter but now in my twilight years
I rather like it. A few days ago I made what was perhaps my first peanut butter and boysenberry
jam sandwich in a year (boysenberry being my favorite berry for jam, preserves and milkshakes).
It was delicious.

Then I began to think what a cocktail would be like if it had peanut butter in it.
I did a Google search using peanut butter and cocktail and much
to my surprise I pulled up a couple of drink recipes using this ingredient. And...
Lo and Behold... I found this drink named... Tim's Peanut Butter Cup. What could be more
in line with my thoughts.

Although the drink is rather tasty I probably won't make it that often.

Tim's Peanut Butter Cup

2 tsp. Peanut Butter
1 1/2 oz. Kahlua
1 oz. Chocolate Liqueur
Heavy Cream

Blend with ice until smooth. Pour into a highball glass and garnish with
whipped cream and a cherry. Enjoy!!!

Btw, has anyone had an Elvis sighting lately. A political commentator recently remarked
that 6 percent of the American public thought that the current stimulus package was
working while 7 percent of the public thought that Elvis was still alive.

Tim
Tim OL

Re: Having a Cocktail with Elvis

Postby Matilda L » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:57 am

Of course Elvis is still alive. He is running a bar & grill somewhere in darkest Africa with Jim Morrison. The coffin in Pere Lachaise was empty, nobody saw the body.
Matilda L
Sparkling Red Riding Hood

Re: Having a Cocktail with Elvis

Postby Daniel Rogov » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:21 am

That Elvis is alive is undeniable. There is a "graduation party" for many Israeli soldiers when they finish their basic training and one of the popular entertainments is to have an Elvis impersonator. At one such party the guy started off by saying: "They say I'm an Elvis impersonator. I'm not. I'm really Elvis". Would anyone lie to the troops?
Daniel Rogov
Resident Curmudgeon

Return to Israeli and Kosher Culinary Corner