Chateauneuf with Bratwurst - will it work?

Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, welcoming foodies to discuss the dining scenes in Israel and abroad, along with all things related to kosher food.

Chateauneuf with Bratwurst - will it work?

Postby Ryan M » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:06 pm

Hello Folks,

If you think it blasphemy, fine, but humur me: if one wanted to serve Chateauneuf with grilled bratwurst, would it work?

Thanks,
Ryan
"The sun, with all those planets revolving about it and dependent on it, can still ripen a bunch of grapes as if it had nothing else to do"
Galileo Galilei

(avatar: me next to the WIYN 3.5 meter telescope at Kitt Peak National Observatory)
Ryan M
Wine Gazer

Re: Chateaunuef with Bratwurst - will it work?

Postby Daniel Rogov » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:31 pm

Ryan, Hi....

Ain't no blasphemy here at all. I would suggest however that before grilling your bratwurst you drop them into boiling water for 3-4 minutes, draining them on paper toweling and only then grilling them. And should you want to stay on heaven's good side, don't forget the senf and well toasted country-style bread.

Best
Rogov
Daniel Rogov
Resident Curmudgeon

Postby Dave R » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:36 am

Ryan,

I know from experience that it will work. Why do you think the combination of a mild, grilled sausage with a Southern Rhone would be "blasphemy"? I'm not challenging you but just curious about your thoughts. Are you thinking about certain condiments on the bratwurst not pairing well with the wine?
Conjunction Junction, what's your function?
Hooking up words and phrases and clauses.
Conjunction Junction, what's your function?
Hooking up cars and making 'em function.
Dave R
Wild and Crazy Guy

Postby Shel T » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:12 pm

Like the others said, would work for me, and has.
Nullum gratuitum prandium
Shel T
Durable Bon Vivant

Postby Ryan M » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:32 am

In retrospect, my intuition would have told me it would work just fine. But here and there I try matches that don't work as well as I though they would, and not having tried this particular combination, I didn't want anything to interfere with the Chateauneuf. And of course, you were all right, not only did work, it work very well indeed! So well in fact that I will do so again in the future. Thanks!
"The sun, with all those planets revolving about it and dependent on it, can still ripen a bunch of grapes as if it had nothing else to do"
Galileo Galilei

(avatar: me next to the WIYN 3.5 meter telescope at Kitt Peak National Observatory)
Ryan M
Wine Gazer

Return to Israeli and Kosher Culinary Corner