Worth a Special Trip for a Special Meal

Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, welcoming foodies to discuss the dining scenes in Israel and abroad, along with all things related to kosher food.

Worth a Special Trip for a Special Meal

Postby Daniel Rogov » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:43 pm

Today (Mon, 30 March), I was at Binyamina Winery for a tasting and after the tasting made my way with winemakers Sasson Ben-Aharon and Assaf Paz to Zichron Ya'akov and lunch at HaNeshika where we put ourselves entirely in the hands of chef Ronen Raviv.

With apologies, I'm running so fast now to keep up with deadlines that I do not have time to post all of the details of the meal we had there except to note - shrimps with corn in the New Orleans style; octopus in a spicy tomato sauce; spare ribs so succulent they made me want to cry; lamb neck meat packed into a loaf of bread before baking and served with a demi-glace like sauce; and nine more dishes, each excellent and served family style (on platters set at the same time on the table so that people could help themselves). All in all, sophisticatedcountry-style dining at its very best in a charming setting

My advice - organize a group of from 4 - 6, call in advance, insist on speaking with the chef and tell him that you want the same meal that Rogov had today. Also, don't hesitate to go along with chef Raviv's wine choices for the meal. Or, if you like, bring with you the best 1er Cru Chablis and a bottle or two of fine Brunello di Montalcino. Scout's honor - you won't go at all wrong!

HaNeshika (The Kiss): Rehov HaMeyasdim 38, Zichron Ya'akov. Tel 04 6390133. Open Monday-Saturday 09:00-22:30. The restaurant's internet site can be found at http://www.rest.co.il/sites/Default.asp?txtRestID=1977

Best
Rogov
Daniel Rogov
Resident Curmudgeon

Return to Israeli and Kosher Culinary Corner