Israeli Restaurant Guide - Map

Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, welcoming foodies to discuss the dining scenes in Israel and abroad, along with all things related to kosher food.

Israeli Restaurant Guide - Map

Postby Vladimir P » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:28 pm

Dear Daniel and other forum members,

since Google finally added data for Israel to it's Google Maps, I started creating a map of restaurants featured in Daniel Rogov's Israeli Restaurant Guide. So far, I added about 20 restaurants. I will keep updating the map, however, the map is open for collaboration, and I would like to invite forum members to contribute by adding the missing placemarks.

http://www.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&h ... 555a19&z=8

or here (redirection service)

http://tinyurl.com/israelirestaurantmap

I will welcome any suggestion how to make this map better, but until we take it to the next level, please observe following rules:

1) LISTING: add only restaurants listed in this forum under Israeli Restaurant Guide posts (Tel Aviv and others)
2) LOCATION: make sure that you add the exact (and not approximate) location of the restaurant
3) FORMATTING: make sure that the text of the placemark is copy/paste from Rogov's list and that you select the right icon for the placemark

If there will be interest from forum members, we can work on developing more elaborated map, sharing of placemarks as POI for car navigation systems etc... but for now, lets see if this is useful at all and if people like it.
Vladimir P
Cellar rat

Re: Israeli Restaurant Guide - Map

Postby Trevor F » Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:30 pm

This is very good --- keep up the good work.

One small suggestion -- perhaps you could indicate somewhere if the restaurant is kosher

Re GPS for car navigation ........ this is for women or wimps. I buy a road map for £ 2.50 or equivalent and use that, or download from Google maps.
Trevor F
Ultra geek

Postby Daniel Rogov » Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:45 pm

Trevor F wrote:,,, re GPS for car navigation ........ this is for women or wimps.

Oh dear.......If that makes me a wimp, I crawl away quietly in shame to hide my head under a blanket. On the other hand, if it makes me a woman, I'd be quite pleased.

Best
Rogov
Daniel Rogov
Resident Curmudgeon

Postby Mike_F » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:15 pm

Very nice, thanks for the initiative.

A small suggestion if I may, it would help to note the city or town name next to the street address on the listings.
Of course we must be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.”
Richard Dawkins
Mike_F
Ultra geek

Postby Daniel Rogov » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:40 pm

Vladimir, Hi....

A great idea, I agree. One request though. Because the mini-crit/descriptions are copywritten, please add a note on the front page of the map that the restaurant evaluations were all written by me. Also, following each review, please place my initials.

Thanks and Best
Rogov
Daniel Rogov
Resident Curmudgeon

Postby Vladimir P » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:01 am

Mike_F wrote: A small suggestion if I may, it would help to note the city or town name next to the street address on the listings.

Added.
Daniel Rogov wrote: Because the mini-crit/descriptions are copywritten, please add a note on the front page of the map that the restaurant evaluations were all written by me. Also, following each review, please place my initials.

Added
Trevor F wrote:One small suggestion -- perhaps you could indicate somewhere if the restaurant is kosher

Every review has already a note if the restaurant is kosher.
Vladimir P
Cellar rat

Postby Daniel Rogov » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:13 am

Vladimir, Hi....

Many thanks for your attention to these details. As is said "looking good"

Best
Rogov
Daniel Rogov
Resident Curmudgeon

Postby JessCrane » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:43 pm

Vladimir P wrote:
Mike_F wrote: A small suggestion if I may, it would help to note the city or town name next to the street address on the listings.

Added.
Daniel Rogov wrote:Tours Las Vegas Mandalay Bay Hotel Las Vegas
Because the mini-crit/descriptions are copywritten, please add a note on the front page of the map that the restaurant evaluations were all written by me. Also, following each review, please place my initials.

Added
Trevor F wrote:One small suggestion -- perhaps you could indicate somewhere if the restaurant is kosher

Every review has already a note if the restaurant is kosher.

_________
You have some excellent recommendations!
Everything tastes better with WINE!
JessCrane
Just got here

Postby David Raccah » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:55 pm

Cool! Vladimir is there a way for me to filter the restaurants by those that are kosher or expensive or other factors in the blurb?

Thanks,
David
Checkout http://www.kosherwinemusings.com for my blogs on the world of kosher wines and follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/kosherwinemuse.
David Raccah
Wine guru

Postby Vladimir P » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:35 am

David Raccah wrote:Cool! Vladimir is there a way for me to filter the restaurants by those that are kosher or expensive or other factors in the blurb?

Unfortunately not. I don't think that public version of Google Maps would have options that would allow this. Placemarks in Google Earth could be put in folders, but not here. Sorry about that, although it sounds like a good idea.
Vladimir P
Cellar rat

Return to Israeli and Kosher Culinary Corner