"Ethical"Foie Gras

Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, welcoming foodies to discuss the dining scenes in Israel and abroad, along with all things related to kosher food.

"Ethical"Foie Gras

Postby Daniel Rogov » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:57 pm

Foie gras without force-feeding? An "interesting" development in the production of foie gras. Sent to me by one of my faithful correspondents, an article in Canada's Globe and Mail. No less interesting are the reactions from readers. The article is at http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ ... eFoodWine/

Your own reactions?

Best
Rogov
Daniel Rogov
Resident Curmudgeon

Re: "Ethical"Foie Gras

Postby Shel T » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:40 am

Unfortunately the comments are 'same-old same-old' as one would expect from two well entrenched points of view. I believe it's fair to say that neither side will be swayed from their position by any argument so it appears we're condemned to read these 'boilerplate' threads ad nauseum. or scroll down when they pop up!
Nullum gratuitum prandium
Shel T
Durable Bon Vivant

Re: "Ethical"Foie Gras

Postby Daniel Rogov » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:16 pm

Shel, Hi.....

Indeed and to our mutual sorrow, you are correct. Alas one of the fallacies of being human is that on some basic issues we do not want to and cannot be "convinced" that the other's point of view may be valid. Something akin to the collective monologues (each person saying what he/she thinks about but not at all listening to the other in discussions such as "There is/There is not a God" or "Eating the meat of animals is moral/immoral", etc, etc....

Best
Rogov
Daniel Rogov
Resident Curmudgeon

Return to Israeli and Kosher Culinary Corner