Culinary Poll 012: Beans, Beans and More Beans

Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, welcoming foodies to discuss the dining scenes in Israel and abroad, along with all things related to kosher food.

Baked Beans

Love 'em
65%
Hate 'em
9%
Can take or leave them
26%

Total votes : 23

Re: Culinary Poll 012: Beans, Beans and More Beans

Postby Robert Reynolds » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:49 pm

A humorous tale of creative beans from deer camp back in the 1970s, when I was still a teen: An older retired fellow had sort of adopted my dad and his hunting buddies, and as he lived only about a 30-minute drive from camp, he often came by to hang out and help tend the campfire (once when deep into the Budweiser, he kept adding wood to the fire until it got so big that we had to stand about 10 feet away to keep from roasting, literally). One afternoon, he decided to cook a pot of the big dried lima beans for supper, while the rest of us were out hunting. Being deep into the brew (as he perpetually was) when he felt more water was needed, he grabbed the 1-gallon percolater off the back of the stove, thinking it just had water in it, and poured a sizeable amount into the bean pot. Oops! The coffe pot contained leftover coffee from breakfast. :lol:

When we got back to camp that evening, he served up his "coffee beans"! Wow... That night, the farts were more aromatic than normal for some reason. :shock:
ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε
Robert Reynolds
1000th member!

Postby Leanne S » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:25 am

Coffee-flavored beans don't sound that bad.
I mean as an idea, not as a fart.
Leanne S
Ultra geek

Postby Robert Reynolds » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:26 am

They were edible, but I can't honestly say they were particularly good.
ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε
Robert Reynolds
1000th member!

Previous

Return to Israeli and Kosher Culinary Corner