Culinary Poll #010: Name Your Poisson

Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, welcoming foodies to discuss the dining scenes in Israel and abroad, along with all things related to kosher food.

Re: Culinary Poll #010: Name Your Poisson

Postby Bill Spohn » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:03 pm

Daniel Rogov wrote:We have wandered a bit off topic. Be careful gentlemen and ladies or I will start talking about my lust for a Lamboghini!

Best
Rogov

Uh...would this do.....(apologies for the colour)

Bill Spohn
He put the 'bar' in 'barrister'

Postby Daniel Rogov » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:06 pm

Bill, Hi....

It will most definitely not do. My particular lust is for the 1990 Countach. And believe me, don't mess with a man who lusts after a 1990 Lamborghini Countach!!!!

Best, Smiling and Hoping We Can Return to Wine and Food
Rogov
Daniel Rogov
Resident Curmudgeon

Postby Bill Spohn » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:20 pm

Daniel Rogov wrote:Bill, Hi....

It will most definitely not do. My particular lust is for the 1990 Countach. And believe me, don't mess with a man who lusts after a 1990 Lamborghini Countach!!!!

Rogov

Ah, a fan of the 'angular' period. My ideal would be the Miura, but I can't afford one. I couldn't afford them back then and they keep on staying ahead of anything I could dream of affording now.

A guy I know recently bought one - sold his Espada to do it. The Countach is a great car - as long as you don't have to back up or change the clutch....

And now back to wine.....
Bill Spohn
He put the 'bar' in 'barrister'

Postby Jeff_Dudley » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:02 pm

Daniel,

My apologies. Once I used that car reference, I was off and running without another thought. I'm so sorry, and I thank you for reminding us so nicely of why we are here !
"No one can possibly know what is about to happen: it is happening, each time, for the first time, for the only time."

James A. Baldwin
Jeff_Dudley
Ultra geek

Postby Charlie Dawg » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:51 pm

Pretty much any kosher variety of salt water fish. I love fish in general. Unfortunately here in MN you cannot find anything fresh. So when I am on vacation somewhere close to sea I love to get fresh fish.
You are what you eat.
Charlie Dawg
Ultra geek

Previous

Return to Israeli and Kosher Culinary Corner