Buffalo Milk Products in Israel (*****) (K)

Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, welcoming foodies to discuss the dining scenes in Israel and abroad, along with all things related to kosher food.

Buffalo Milk Products in Israel (*****) (K)

Postby Daniel Rogov » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:54 am

I have been a devoted fan of and written in glowing terms on several occasions the buffalo milk dairy products of The Buffalo Ranch since I first encountered them more than a decade ago. Their crème fraiche, made from buffalo milk is godlike in its qualities and their fresh buffalo milk mozzarella is as fine as you will find anywhere on the planet. More recently I discovered their buffalo milk yoghurt. As firm as the finest Greek yoghurt, with a 5% fat content and flavors as rich and clean as one could ask, with just a vague and tantalizing hint of sourness, this is, to put it quite simply, "good stuff".

To date I have found the yoghurt only in the chain of Teva Castel and in the supermarket in the London Mini-Markets on Rehov Ibn Gvirol. Well worth seeking out! If you have trouble finding it or want more information about other buffalo milk products from the dairy phone 08 8574508. And, if you're in the mood for a drive, a great place to visit with or without children. I do suggest however, phoning in advance to arrange visits. If you do visit, bring a good bottle of wine with you and purchase cheeses and bread at the small outlet at the dairy.

Best
Rogov
Daniel Rogov
Resident Curmudgeon

Re: Buffalo Milk Products in Israel (*****) (K)

Postby Michelle Nordell » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:33 am

I second that. I have been to the dairy and the cheeses are outstanding. It is a great place to bring children. Beside the Buffalo, they also have geese, goats and other animals that the children will enjoy seeing.

I would like to do naughty things with their buffalo cream. :P
My food blog: Baroness Tapuzina
Michelle Nordell
Wine geek

Return to Israeli and Kosher Culinary Corner