Ramsay in Hollywood

Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, welcoming foodies to discuss the dining scenes in Israel and abroad, along with all things related to kosher food.

Ramsay in Hollywood

Postby Trevor F » Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:03 am

A wry look at Gordon Ramsay's new restaurant business in Hollywood. The first 2 paragraphs are especially amusing :

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_a ... 654260.ece
Trevor F
Ultra geek

Re: Ramsay in Hollywood

Postby Shel T » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:21 pm

His resto at the London is getting better reviews from a slightly rocky start, that mainly being procedural and service. Haven't made it there yet, but expect to soon.
Re Ramsay & L.A., no doubt 'they' will adjust to each other in due time. Not everybody in the 'biz' is an uptight wine or food weenie, and they and the rest of the tofu brigade will have no impact on what Ramsay espouses to eat and drink and how much of each.
FYI, 'carnivore' restos and all other establishments with liquor licenses are doing splendidly thank you.
Re GR himself, many a foul-mouth Brit has arrived in 'lala-land' in the last few decades and we haven't fallen off into the ocean yet...
Nullum gratuitum prandium
Shel T
Durable Bon Vivant

Postby Matilda L » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:20 am

Department stores in my part of the world have started stocking "Gordon Ramsay" branded crockery. I was looking for a new gravy boat the other day and came across it. When I saw the price of the gravy boat in the Gordon Ramsay range, I almost said the words he is so famous for.

Matilda
Matilda L
Sparkling Red Riding Hood

Postby Bill Spohn » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:34 am

Matilda L wrote:Department stores in my part of the world have started stocking "Gordon Ramsay" branded crockery.

Is it shatterproof? :mrgreen:
Bill Spohn
He put the 'bar' in 'barrister'

Return to Israeli and Kosher Culinary Corner