Finnish cabbage casserole or cabbage rolls ! Very delicious....
Yes, cabbage can be good, even the smell is not the best...
Recipe for the casserole:
* 1 small cabbage
* 2 tablespoons oil (I use butter)
* 300-400 g minced meat
* 2-3 onions
* (2-3 garlic cloves)
* 1 dl bouillon
* 1 teaspoons salt or to taste
* 1-2 tablespoons dark syrup
* 1 teaspoons peppercorns
* minced (or dried) marjoram
* white pepper
1. Shred / chop the cabbage and mince the onions and garlic.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the onion, garlic and some shredded cabbage.
3. Let it simmer adding more cabbage. Add the peppercorns as well.
4. Add the bouillon.
5. Put the mixture in a casserole and let it simmer wither on the hob or in you can put it in the oven. Add other ingredients.
The longer it it cooks, the better it tastes. Add water/cream when it looks dry. Stir at times.
We usually eat it with crushed lingonberries.
Not very kosher, thought (but I'm not Jewish either), I guess (if you do it my way...)
Some vegans use soya grains instead of minced meat.