Where can I eat in Beer Sheva?

Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, welcoming foodies to discuss the dining scenes in Israel and abroad, along with all things related to kosher food.

Where can I eat in Beer Sheva?

Postby David H » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:21 am

There is a variety of restaurants in Beer Sheva, each with its own slant on food: The Moroccan Yakuta, the Russian Kiparis (cypress), a branch of Black Bar & Burger, a branch of Spaghettim, and others. The excellent Ahuzat Halperin no longer exists, but the same charming place now houses Ahuzat Smilansky (it's on Smilansky street), with very good food at reasonable prices: the businessman's lunch goes for 59 NIS. Portions aren't huge but they're certainly adequate. The wine list is small and consists mostly (all but one, if I remember) Israeli wines, with Saslove starring. I certainly recommend the place.
Birthdays are nature’s way of telling us to eat more cake. --
Anon.
David H
Wine geek

Re: Where can I eat in Beer Sheva?

Postby Daniel Rogov » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:12 pm

Like you, I also enjoy Yakuta and Kiparis. Also much enjoy wandering through the Bedouin part of the shuk (market) and tasting felafel here, shwarma there and humous in another place. Indeed when Idan Halperin was at Achuzat Halperin it was lovely. I'll be sure to try the new owners on my next visit to Beer Sheva.

Best
Rogov
Daniel Rogov
Resident Curmudgeon

Return to Israeli and Kosher Culinary Corner