The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Very brief impressions of 2004 Paso juice

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Bill Spencer

Rank

Ultra geek

Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:03 pm

Yuma, Arizona

Very brief impressions of 2004 Paso juice

by Bill Spencer » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:18 pm

%^)

Kathleen and I took a little 500 mile drive last weekend to attend the Annual James Gang Bash at Tobin James Friday night ... our son, Grant, drove down from San Francisco, Kathleen's cousin, his wife, and a couple friends drove up from Long Beach, and Kathleen's brother and his wife drove over from Kingsburg ... the party was a BLAST, the food was delicious, the bands played great music, and Tobin's 2004 juice actually surpasses his great 2003's ... Saturday we caravaned to just less than a dozen different wineries in the area ... winery after winery we came away shaking our heads - whatever variety of 2004 juice we tasted ROCKED !

Some interesting tidbits (maybe) -

Caparone no longer sells their production to Trader Joe's - not a DROP ! They've joined the Paso wine growing group, have started a wine club, and had food and a small jazz band playing for us tasters ... AMAZING 180 degree change for those folks !

Rabbit Ridge's new facility was gorgeous ... and their 2004 Zin topped all our lists for a mid-priced zin ...

Bianchi has a 3 bedroom questhouse next to their tasting room ... if you're a wine club member and for every $250 you spend, you and your guests accumulate one free night's stay in the guesthouse ... and what a beautiful place to have a picnic ...

Larry Roberts at Penman Springs just CAN'T make a bad bottle of grog !

Stacked Stone is hard to find but wonderful juice fairly priced ...

A little 500 mile drive back home Sunday with WAY too many cases of good REASONABLY priced grog ... Gawd it's gonna be sad when that area turns into another Napa/Sonoma !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clink !

%^)
"If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went !" - Anonymous

Napa is for auto parts, Paso is for wine !

Bill Spencer (Arizona Wine Lover)

Lemon Recipes - http://www.associatedcitrus.com/recipes.html
no avatar
User

Bob Ross

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:39 pm

Franklin Lakes, NJ

Re: Very brief impressions of 2004 Paso juice

by Bob Ross » Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:36 pm

Bill, is there a good map or guide to wineries in this area? I've found a few winery descriptions, but not a good overview of what on offer generally.

Regards, Bob
no avatar
User

Bill Spencer

Rank

Ultra geek

Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:03 pm

Yuma, Arizona

Here's the website

by Bill Spencer » Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:53 pm

%^)

http://www.pasowine.com/

Great map that you can either download, print from a pdf file, or send for ...

Clink !

%^)
Last edited by Bill Spencer on Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went !" - Anonymous

Napa is for auto parts, Paso is for wine !

Bill Spencer (Arizona Wine Lover)

Lemon Recipes - http://www.associatedcitrus.com/recipes.html
no avatar
User

Bob Ross

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:39 pm

Franklin Lakes, NJ

Re: Here's the website

by Bob Ross » Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:33 pm

Many thanks, Bill.