The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Bedrock NervoRanch Heritage '22....(short/boring)

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

TomHill

Rank

Here From the Very Start

Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:01 pm

WTN: Bedrock NervoRanch Heritage '22....(short/boring)

by TomHill » Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:40 pm

Tried this out of my recent Bedrock shipment:
1. Bedrock NervoRanch Heritage AlexVlly/SonomaCnty RW (14.8%; Plntd: 1896) Sonoma 2022: Very dark color; very strong blackberry/boysenberry/spicy Zin light pencilly/oak fairly dusty/OV somewhat complex quite fragrant lovely nose; bit soft/mushy strong blackberry/Zin/spicy some lush/ripe light pencilly/oak smooth/lush flavor w/ light bit brisk tannins; very long lush/soft/mushy finish that mimics favo; a really lovely fragrant spicy/Zin/OV nose but has that classic AlexVlly soft/mushy character; just lacks depth & structure. $48.00
1. I continue to be confounded by the Zins from Nervo, both this Bedrock and the ones from Ridge. I've walked that vnyd w/ DaveGates. It's a beautiful OV vnyd high upon the slopes to the West of Hwy 101. It has this crazy caboose smack-dab in the center of the vnyd. It's a classic OV vnyd that should produce great Zins. Of the stature of Geyserville (just a bit SE of Nervo on the other side of the Hwy 101) or LyttonSprings. Yet the wines from Nervo never seem to rise to that stature. I'm not a big fan of AlexVlly Zins because they seem to have this soft/mushy character on the palate. The Sausal is one of the few AlexVlly Zins that I like. Buy I almost always find the Nervos, though having a great nose, just don't deliver what they should on the palate. I'm hoping Shauna Rosenblum will eventually make a great Nervo, a Nervo of the stature of Geyserville or LyttonSprings, but she has her work cut out for her I think. One can always hope.
Tom